over 1 year ago
A representative body in the building and construction sector is seeking a Communications Manager to join their team based in west London. Reporting into the Communications and Policy Director this is an integrated comms role who will support their corporate communications programme, handling the full range of disciplines including external and member/internal communications, with a strong focus on digital.
The organisation is embarking on a global communications and advocacy programme to commence and run through 2020 which will have a significant digital dimension so it is a very exciting time to join with the opportunity of making a real impact.
- Own the digital channels and work to enhance and extend their relevance and reach.
- Produce high quality, well-written and accurate communications content for a range of audiences and channels
- Co-ordinate and manage communications campaign activity working with internal and external stakeholders
- Devise and deliver innovative digital and social media strategies and executions in support of campaigns and projects
- Plan and deliver public relations events and activities in support of their projects and programmes
- Research and write stories and material online and other outlets, including news releases for relevant media outlets
- Help build media relationships and secure coverage on priority topics
- Help respond proactively to media inquiries coordinating with global associations where relevant
- Help manage relationships with agencies and other suppliers including communications and public affairs agencies, digital specialists and publishers
- Co-ordinate communications activity working with partner associations and other stakeholder groups
Key skills required:
- An experienced communications professional with demonstrable writing ability and strong digital skills
- Business to business experience and strong commercial awareness.
- An understanding and appreciation of working in a membership organisation and what the challenges are.