£50,000 - £55,000
11 months ago
This exciting, newly created role has responsibility of partnering three divisions of the business: Global Partners, Central Functions and Europe, consisting of 1,000 – 2,000 employees. Reporting into, and working closely with, the Head of Communications, the successful candidate will be an experienced communications professional who has the ability to provide counsel to senior leadership on comms and engagement best practice and develop a communication plan, covering both internal and external.
The Communications and Engagement Business Partner delivers the communications and engagement strategy for the Group’s International platform, supporting business priorities by executing strategic and operational communications and engagement initiatives to employees, and external audiences where necessary.
The Communications and Engagement BP works with the Group Head of Communications and Corporate Affairs and the Group Channels, Change and Projects Lead to develop communications, brand and engagement strategy for these operating segments and their trading brands so that it aligns the broader Group narrative, strategy and processes.
- Delivering engaging and purposeful internal and external communications, brand and engagement initiatives in support of the business strategy and to promote the progress, achievements and working culture of all group companies
- Business partner with relevant segments and business areas including personally delivering leadership communications services to members of the ExCo
- Plan and deliver communications strategies for M&A and other corporate announcements, coordinating with relevant parties in and outside the Group to ensure alignment
- Working with segment leadership teams and HR counterparts, oversee participation in engagement survey and action planning process on an annual basis
- Develop and deliver engagement initiatives that address key challenges at a segment and Group level and support the continuous improvement of a positive working culture
- Own social media and employee communications channels, actively finding and creating engaging content and stories from across Europe and Global Partners each week
- Providing ongoing strategic and operational communications and engagement counsel to support individual companies/teams within Europe, Global Partners and Central Functions including how to develop, maintain and best utilise existing channels including Engage, SharePoint, LinkedIn etc.
- Build and maintain effective relationships across the business to encourage flow of information to the Advisory team and broader Corporate Affairs function
- Coaching and supporting junior team members to develop and embed editorial and planning processes
- Flexible working approach within a multi discipline team – “sleeves rolled up” approach to collective goals
- Proven track record executing internal and corporate communications and employee engagement in complex, multi-site business with a divisionalised structure, ideally within financial services
- Superb communications skills – written (e.g. news writing, speeches and presentations, press releases) and verbal (e.g. from 1:1 to audience briefings) - effective across diverse audiences
- Confident in both planning and leading strategic initiatives and taking a hands-on approach to delivery with meticulous attention to detail especially in high pressure situations
- Confident and comfortable with a fast pace of delivery; can manage multiple priorities at once and can deliver high quality solutions against a backdrop of ambiguity and changing priorities
- Excellent understanding of internal communications and employee engagement theory with the ability to creatively turn ideas into compelling and relevant deliverables which deliver business impact and drive desired employee behaviour
- Strong stakeholder management and relationship building skills at all organisational levels from frontline employee through to exec and board.
- Strong leadership and coaching skills – able to get the best out of the team and ensure all output is to high standard and is of a consistent tone and style to audiences