Tell us the state of IC today
Are you being underpaid?
What is the future of internal communications?
These are two of the key questions I get asked on a daily basis.
As Director of VMA’s Internal Communications practice and with over 10 years’ experience in Internal Communications recruitment I often get asked the same questions, by most of the people I meet. It doesn’t matter which sector someone works in, their seniority or the stage they’re at in their careers, I always get asked the following questions:
- “How’s the market?”
- “How do you see the IC market changing”
- “How does company X structure their internal comms team?
- “Am I underpaid?”
- “Am I overpaid?”
- “What IC skills are currently in demand?”
- “Should I study for a formal Comms qualification?
- “What is the future for Internal Comms?”
- “What opportunities exist for IC Interim work?”
And this is only the tip of the ‘question iceberg’…
Given the fact that I/VMA are immersed in the goings-on of the IC community, I feel confident that my response to these questions are pretty accurate and broadly reflective of the market. However, as the IC market continues to evolve at rapid pace, I’m mindful of not becoming complacent and thinking that I/we know it all.
Director of Internal Communications Practice, VMA Group
You might also like
- Developing a career in internal communications
- Mein erstes Jahr bei VMAGROUP – Einblick in die Personalberaterbranche
- Moving from PR to recruitment – the first six months
- The Pulse 2017