Strategic Communications Consultant
Date Added Thursday 26th October 2017
Job Ref. RvdB20277
Our client is an independent advisory body (team) providing consultancy on Strategic Communications issues to governmental (EU) institutions. This role is based in Brussels and requires frequent travel to the UK and other EU nation states.
The Advisory Team (AT) is responsible for delivering three distinct strands of activity, namely:
- A bespoke consultancy service (consultancy)
- Network events and activities (Network)
- A research and analysis programme (R&A)
The Strategic Communications Consultant will be responsible for the delivery of the consultancy service to EU Member State governments. This will include the planning and delivery of consultancy visits to Member States, both to capitals and in Brussels, and the facilitation of bilateral engagements between Member States.
To deliver the consultancy the Strategic Communications Consultant will draw on seven strategic communications principles. The Strategic Communications Consultant will also be expected to participate at relevant European events, including meetings of EU institutions and conferences. The Strategic Communications Consultant will be based in Brussels and will report to the Head of Operations.
The ideal candidate
- Has 5+ years’ (private sector) experience with a proven track record in Strategic Communications, consultancy, project management, and Counter Terrorism issues.
- Is ideally an EU citizen, fluent in English (written and spoken). Any other European language abilities would be a plus.
- Got the ability to work and succeed in a complex, multi-stakeholder, (semi-) governmental environment.
The selected candidate will be offered a 1 year contract with the likeliness of extension.
To send your CV please click on ‘apply for this position’ below and send through your details. We look forward to hearing from you.
VMAGROUP is the global recruitment and training specialist for corporate and marketing communications.
VMAGROUP is committed to equal opportunities and is a Diversity Pledged Recruiter.