Senior Communications and Stakeholder Manager
Date Added Friday 22nd December 2017
Job Ref. LJ913033
An independent health charity is seeking a Senior Communications and Stakeholder Manager to lead communications for one of its flagship initiatives. My client is looking for a senior communications professional to join its team to lead the communications and stakeholder engagement for an exciting project aimed at improving health and care services in the UK. The post-holder will be responsible for putting together and leading the integrated communications strategy for the initiative, which encompasses marketing communications, media, digital communications, stakeholder relations and community engagement. This person will also be part of the senior leadership team and will influence the shape and strategic direction of the initiative.
The ideal candidate will have experience of leading a multi-disciplinary communications function and developing a high-level communications strategy. They will be a strong leader, with experience of managing teams and having several direct reports. A background in community engagement is beneficial. This is a really challenging but exciting role for someone who is very capable and able to deliver tangible and impactful results.
- Managing and leading the communications and engagement function of the project
- Overseeing delivery of integrated communications strategies and plans
- Working closely with key internal and external stakeholders – networking and building relationships
- Increasing profile of the initiative amongst audiences across the UK
- Proactively working with the wider external affairs team
- Significant communications experience, preferably in health and social care
- Demonstrable successes at both a strategic and operational level in previous roles
- Experience of influencing external senior stakeholders
- Broad communications experience across marketing communications, social and digital, media, stakeholder and community engagement
- Leadership and team management experience.
VMAGROUP is the global recruitment and training specialist for corporate and marketing communications. VMAGROUP is committed to equal opportunities and is a Diversity Pledged Recruiter.