Senior Communications Officer
Date Added Friday 3rd November 2017
Region East Midlands
Salary £30,000 - £35,000
Job Ref. CS20374
Calling all beer fans: my client is seeking a Senior Communications Officer to join their vibrant, passionate and highly reputable brand in their HQ in Suffolk. This is a rare and fantastic opportunity for a candidate who is fanatical about beer, branding and has some brewing knowledge.
The role will include:
- Writing creative and engaging proactive PR for exciting upcoming campaigns on behalf of the products.
- Developing and managing the communications strategy in an autonomous fashion to consistently protect the reputation of the brand and promote a range of products.
- Partake in some issues management when required, knowing when to seek comment or escalate.
- Run the Press Office function in the HQ to a world class level, consistently seeking out stories and content to comment on while upholding the brand vision.
- Managing a PR Agency in London to proofread and guide their input into the content of the digital and social aspects.
- Actively taking part in stakeholder management, maintaining and building strong relationships with trade contacts and key journalists at all times.
- Supporting and assisting in medium scale events across the brands when required.
The ideal candidate will have some beer and brewing knowledge or at least be genuinely passionate about beer. You will have experience of working across a number of brands or clients at one time either from an agency or in-house background. It would be desirable to have experience in the drinks industry already.
You must be flexible to work on an out of hours rotation (1 week in 4). You must be able to work under pressure and multitask as you will be expected to work autonomously, organising your day to day strategy independently. You will have the highest level of verbal and written communication skills to be able to accurately give this world renowned brand the representation that it deserves.
To send your CV please click on ‘apply for this position’ below and send through your details. We look forward to hearing from you. VMAGROUP is the global recruitment and training specialist for corporate and marketing communications. VMAGROUP is committed to equal opportunities and is a Diversity Pledged Recruiter.