Senior Communications and External Affairs Manager – full-time or part-time
Date Added Tuesday 5th December 2017
Job Ref. LJ20428
My client, a trade industry body for the drinks sector, is looking for a senior communications and external affairs manager to join the team.
This is a new role for a strong communications manager with excellent PR and media relations skills, an interest in public affairs and a desire to work in an organisation with a strong mission. You will be working closely with the senior leadership team to develop the organisation’s PR, communications and external affairs strategy across a range of media, government and industry stakeholders. The organisation has a strong focus on corporate social responsibility so experience in this area is desirable.
Key to the role is being able to come up with creative ways to engage audiences across multiple channels. You will have excellent ideas of how to use new and existing content across traditional and digital channels, be extremely confident in pitching to high-level journalists and have proven experience in developing impactful PR campaigns. Political knowledge and understanding of public affairs is also an important element of the role.
- Develop and implement communications strategy to support the Group’s CSR programmes
- Proactive media relations strategy and engagement
- Plan and oversee external affairs programme and monitor relevant political and policy developments
- Design stakeholder engagement programmes with key industry partners
- Manage digital and social media content and strategy
- Experience of leading media relation and PR programmes – proactive and reactive
- Excellent media contacts
- Understanding of UK Government and interest in political environment
- Experience of digital and social media strategy and implementation
- Strong content creation skills
To send your CV please click on ‘apply for this position’ below and send through your details. We look forward to hearing from you.
VMAGROUP is the global recruitment and training specialist for corporate and marketing communications.
VMAGROUP is committed to equal opportunities and is a Diversity Pledged Recruiter.