Regional PR Manager Nordics & Baltics
Date Added Monday 23rd October 2017
Job Ref. WDR19990
Our client, a multinational financial services corporation, is hiring an experienced PR professional for the Nordics & Baltics cluster in order to support the local commercial activities. This position is based in Stockholm.
The Regional PR Manager will be responsible for leading a range of public relations and public affairs campaigns and activities which support the business goals of the regional leadership team, particularly in driving business growth and demonstrating innovation leadership.
- Creates thought leadership platforms for regional managing directors in support of business goals to promote the corporation’s role in the ecosystem to clients and partners using media, digital channels and events.
- Partner with the regional marketing team to use local, regional and global sponsorship activity to promote digital leadership and generate preference amongst millennial consumers.
- Generate PR activities that encourages the adoption and/or usage of the corporation’s products and services amongst consumers, as well as partners and third parties such as financial institutions and technology businesses.
- Manage retained PR and PA agencies in (cluster) ensuring effective delivery against plans and that plans are measurable.
- Manage reporting of activity to the European HQ ensuring that local plans are aligned with regional and global activity and activity is tailored for these markets.
- Handle incoming media enquiries, either directly or through PR agencies, including managing crises and issues. Brief senior management for media interviews, briefings and events.
- Create a government and regulatory engagement plan to promote the value of the corporation and its digital and innovation leadership, working in partnership with European public affairs colleagues.
- Support the European Corporate Responsibility Lead in the local implementation of global and European activities, managing local activity to ensure alignment.
- Manage content plans and content creation for local digital and social channels, contributing to European channels where appropriate and tailoring central content.
- Create/oversee the creation of presentations and speaking notes for events and speaking engagements in liaison with the European team.
- 7+ years of experience in Public Relations either working in-house or working for an agency, preferably in Consumer Technology (B2B) or related industry. Public Affairs experience would be an appreciated plus.
- Experience working within a multinational and/or matrixed organization, preferably in an European environment.
- Digital Savvy, demonstrated ability to execute digital and social media PR campaigns.
- Evidence of working as a driven self-starter capable of working independently.
- Excellent knowledge of and network in the relevant cluster.
- Full working proficiency (written and spoken) in Swedish and English is an absolute must. Proficiency in any other cluster language would be a plus.
To send your CV please click on ‘apply for this position’ below and send through your details. We look forward to hearing from you.
VMA Group is the global recruitment and training specialist for corporate and marketing communications.
VMA Group is committed to equal opportunities and is a Diversity Pledged Recruiter.