Public Relations Senior Adviser
Date Added Tuesday 2nd January 2018
Competitive £45,000 - £50,000
Job Ref. LJ20413
I am working on a fantastic opportunity to join a leading international law firm as Public Relations Senior Advisor. As part of the PR team, this role has specific overall responsibility for the firm’s disputes practice, with a strong focus on litigation and arbitration. The role will also support the PR Manager on firmwide corporate reputation issues, as and when required.
You will be expected to work closely with the practice leads to identify and suggest opportunities for external profile raising. Key to the role is the ability to build relationships with national and trade press and implement a media contacts programme for individual partners and practices. You will be required to consistently identify potential news, topics and comment opportunities and have overall responsibility for driving the quantity and quality of media coverage for the London teams. The successful candidate will work closely with the Marketing & Business Development teams and colleagues in international markets to ensure an integrated approach to BD and PR.
The successful candidate will have a strong track record in B2B/ corporate PR and the ability to work autonomously, as well as within a team. You will also have a good understanding of the business environment that a law firm operates in.
- Build relationships with key journalists and identify media opportunities across multiple channels
- Grow the profile of the disputes practice and the key partners within it, advising senior leaders on benefits of PR activity
- Prepare spokespeople for media engagements and provide media training
- Develop content, including comment pieces, bylines and other thought leadership
- Monitor market developments and competitor activity
- Support on corporate announcements
- Well-established track-record in B2B PR
- Confident media relations skills
- Background in planning and delivering PR strategy, with evidence of success
- Knowledge of business issues
- Previous experience in international institution or professional services environment is an advantage
VMAGROUP is the global recruitment and training specialist for corporate and marketing communications. VMAGROUP is committed to equal opportunities and is a Diversity Pledged Recruiter.