Public Policy Manager (French & Dutch & English)
Date Added Thursday 29th March 2018
Job Ref. BVDW913183
A pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and markets both bio pharmaceuticals and small molecule drugs is looking for a tri-lingual (fluent, no compromise) Communications Manager for their Belux operations.
As part of the External Affairs team, you will:
- Build strategic relations and align mutual priorities with key external stakeholders.
- Oversee policymaker & patient’s association’s interactions in Belgium & Luxemburg.
- Develop strategy and concise multi-stakeholder engagement plans to optimise health policy making, funding & access.
- Overcome public policy barriers to ensure optimal policy conditions and reimbursement for current and future products.
- Play an active role within trade associations and other networking forums.
- Act as an ambassador for the company interacting with key strategic patient associations and other patient community platforms in order to increase company awareness and reputation.
- Collect and share insights to support the development of value propositions addressing policy maker, patient association’s and other healthcare stakeholder’s needs.
- Support the brand teams by developing public policy initiatives to deliver on the brands objectives.
- Policy makers from the Federal & Regional Governments: e.g. Members of the Parliaments and the relevant Cabinet members.
- Patient Associations & Patient Community Platforms.
- Governmental institutions: e.g. RIZIV-INAMI, FAGG-AFMPS, sickness funds.
- Key Opinion Leaders: Physicians, academia, pharmacists, think tanks.
- A keen sense of business acumen, and the ability to connect key business issues to public policy matters (and vice versa) and obtain value for/advance the business interests and reputation of the company.
- Possesses a holistic perspective – understands the complex policy, political and regulatory implications of an entity that operates in highly regulated businesses.
- Ability to build strong and long-lasting relationships with policy makers, patient associations & patient advocacy groups in Belgium and Luxemburg.
- Knowledge of the healthcare landscape, including healthcare initiatives and healthcare funding budget flows.
- Knowledge of the needs and priorities of policy makers, MPs, government officials, payers and patient associations.
- Knowledge of latest sustainable healthcare policymaking initiatives & trends.
- Health-economic principles.
- Trilingual: Dutch, French and English (written and spoken).
- Dynamic, innovative, self-starter, takes initiatives and sees opportunities.
- Team player.
EDUCATION, BACKGROUND & EXPERIENCE
- Master’s degree in Political Sciences, in Law, in Economics, Public Relations, Healthcare.
- 5 years’ experience in the areas of Government Affairs, Market Access Value Proposition, Public Affairs, Patient Relation’s Management and/or other external related sectors.
- In-depth knowledge of the healthcare system in Belgium & Luxemburg.
- Experience in delivering patient centric initiatives or advocacy programs within a healthcare setting.
- Policy analysis and legislative experience and ability to draft position papers.
- Solid track record in team-building, coalition-making and executing multi-stakeholder/multi-dimensional initiatives.
To send your CV please click on ‘apply for this position’ below and send through your details. We look forward to hearing from you.
VMAGROUP is the global recruitment and training specialist for corporate and marketing communications. VMAGROUP is committed to equal opportunities and is a Diversity Pledged Recruiter.