PR Manager Nordics
Date Added Thursday 10th August 2017
Job Ref. WDR19826
Our client is one of the leading brands in the world introducing a steady flow of cutting edge product innovations to customers world-wide.
You are the head of PR for the consumer brand in the Nordics. You execute the Product, Corporate and Retail Comms PR activities (launch and momentum) in Sweden, Denmark, and Norway. You pro-actively build our visibility in traditional as well as social media in a strategically important and fast growing region.
Product Launch & Momentum
- Participate in launch and momentum planning working with relevant teams in Europe HQ and locally.
- Plans to include: organisation of briefings with key press, organisation of press tours, selection of media for special events, identifying local opportunities that support global initiatives, and management of the PR seed unit program.
- Identify, oversee and manage all proactive and reactive media relations for the Nordics.
- Extend the brand’s media relationships with key influencers and deepen our dialogue with such media on issues of importance to our customers and other relevant parties.
- Identify and escalate potential public issues that may impact the organisation.
- Diffuse rumours and resolve conflicting messages.
Press Event Management
- Budget for, plan and implement agreed local press events and tours that support corporate launch, strategy and local initiatives.
- Provide PR advice, support and resource for the local sales team for segment PR activities as and when required.
- Provide information and reporting as and when requested on PR related information.
- Distribute key PR news to local and European team as and when relevant.
- Deliver budget recommendations for future activities.
- Raise POs on time for all work.
- Track budget throughout each quarter keeping to agreed spending limits.
- Manage support network (communication agencies) in Norway and Denmark.
- European PR Heads
- Country PR Managers
- European Product Marketing
- Local sales team
Key Performance Indicators:
- Quality targeted coverage.
- Increase our brand’s visibility and media impact: new media, higher frequency and “size” of articles.
- Systematic coverage within key media for any new launch and agreed momentum activities.
- Increase of visibility for specific segments.
Experience and Competencies:
- University degree holder with considerable experience in PR preferably working for a consumer brand.
- Strong local knowledge and network in media, social and communication fields.
- Excellent oral, written and presentation skills. Experience of working for a global US organisation is preferable and experience of multi-country PR would be ideal.
- Collaborative with high level of interpersonal and people management skills.
- Driven individual, highly motivated and passionate about our brand.
- Exceptional organisational skills and attention to detail.
- Required language skills: fluency/native in Swedish and fluent in English.
- Within the region (average of 2 days/month in each country)
- To London (average of 2 days/month)
- To the US (average of 2 weeks/year)
To send your CV please click on ‘apply for this position’ below and send through your details. We look forward to hearing from you.
VMA Group is the global recruitment and training specialist for corporate and marketing communications.
VMA Group is committed to equal opportunities and is a Diversity Pledged Recruiter.