Pensions and Reward Communications Consultant
Date Added Thursday 21st December 2017
Salary £50,000 – £60,000 + £5,000 benefits
Job Ref. NE913035
A large, reputable professional services organisation is looking for a Pensions and Reward Communications Consultant to join their team in London. With significant expertise in communicating complex and sensitive pensions and reward changes, understanding and engaging employees and managing stakeholders, the successful candidate will join the well-established, yet growing communications team within a client-facing part of the business.
- Manage the development of client-facing, strategic communication deliverables across the breadth of pensions and reward specialisms including defined benefit and defined contribution engagement, defined benefit change and liability management (pension increase exchange, flexible retirement options or enhanced transfer exercises), financial education, investment change, trustee disclosure communications, flexible benefits, share initiatives and bonus schemes, year-end and total reward communications
- Develop engaging communications strategies and plans, simple narratives and messaging for complex pensions and reward communications, conduct pulse surveys, focus groups and desktop analysis and design employee awareness campaigns
- Define and execute stakeholder management strategies, including stakeholder assessment and relationship management
- Design, develop and deliver high quality communications for targeted audiences using appropriate media, such as pensions, benefits and total reward scheme websites and other digital platforms, newsletters, booklets, member offer packs, pre-retirement communications and roadshow material
- Demonstrate an understanding of change management approaches, and how they can be applied to pensions and reward change
- Demonstrate a good understanding of the latest digital communication trends and tools
- Measure engagement and obtain quality management data and feedback to determine future strategy
- Successfully manage risks and issues, implementing mitigating activities as appropriate, and escalating where required
- Manage third party suppliers in the production of communications, including brand development, design, print, technical, implementation
Key skills /experience:
- Experience working on complex pensions and reward communications projects including defined benefit and defined contribution engagement, defined benefit change and liability management (pension increase exchange, flexible retirement options or enhanced transfer exercises), financial education, investment change, trustee disclosure communications, flexible benefits, share initiatives and bonus schemes, year-end and total reward communications
- Technical understanding of pensions and reward changes with the ability to translate this into simple and compelling communications
- Understanding of how to influence and engage people using insights such as audience segmentation, and behavioral economics
- General consultancy and client relationship skills, in particular the ability to engage and influence senior stakeholders
- Deep understanding of communication and engagement trends, emerging practices, digital communications, and an ability to promote innovative ideas and solutions in the area of pension and reward communications
- Ability to develop and manage communications in a range of media, including written, graphic, web, social media and face to face channels.
- Excellent communication skills – ability to present formal / informal findings in a clearly defined and persuasive manner
- The ability to write with clarity, conviction and sophistication
- Demonstrates creativity and confidence with clients and colleagues
- Ability to manage people, team and work streams, with good project management skills and a proven ability to priorities and manage tasks in a demanding work environment
- Strong expertise in using Google Suite applications (Presentation, Document and Sheets) and Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Word and Excel)
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
To send your CV please click on ‘apply for this position’ below and send through your details. We look forward to hearing from you.
VMAGROUP is the global recruitment and training specialist for corporate and marketing communications.
VMAGROUP is committed to equal opportunities and is a Diversity Pledged Recruiter.