Internal Communications Executive
Date Added Thursday 24th August 2017
Daily rate £250 - £300
Job Ref. KC82017
This is an opportunity to grow your skills and experience as an integral part of an award-winning marketing and communications team, delivering exciting, engaging and excellent communications to a UK audience. The role holder will be the conduit for key messages from and between the client-facing communities, and the coordinator for wider messaging to excite and inform our people across the UK.
- To be the first point of contact for internal communication support managing the flow of communication in line with overall communications agenda
- Manage functional IC projects from inception to completion as required by the business
- Generate consistently high quality content across multiple channels including UK intranet, e-bulletins, office briefings and manager cascade
- Managing the internal communications calendar to effectively communicate with our people, including content scheduling, editing, drafting and publishing
- Liaising with our UK office network to ensure the timely execution of internal communications campaigns and material is displayed and used appropriately
- Production, management and evaluation of channel engagement
- Liaison with the graphic design team for the production of rich media assets, internal campaign imagery and collateral
- Managing promotion of CSR activities including charities, social, D&I
- To raise profile of UK news and initiative through pitching for inclusion on global communication channels
- Supporting Head of Marketing and Internal Communications Manager with budget tracking
- Working with key stakeholders to design, deliver and evaluate communication campaigns
- Coordinating activity with members of the wider Marketing and Communications team
- Coaching our people to communicate effectively
- Educating our people about the role of Internal Communications and the value-add to their activities
- Ensuring campaigns and initiatives are fit for purpose, supporting and advising on barriers to success
- Creating a network of contacts across client delivery teams to ensure we capture key projects and communicate the role our teams play in their success
- Making editorial decisions as to what content fits best with our strategy, and releasing value across all relevant channels.
- Developing quality content, written to a high specification that aligns with overall internal communications objectives and tone of voice
- Ensure all internal platforms are maintained and populated with the relevant content in line with UK and global campaigns
- Report on progress against campaign objectives with credible supporting metrics and stakeholder feedback
What you have to offer:
- Professional knowledge gained through work experience in an internal communications role.
- Strong track record of multi-channel management and evaluation.
- Ability to work independently to deliver projects and services for designated groups of internal stakeholders.
- Ability to source and write clear and concise content with a high attention to detail and align to brand values and tone of voice.
- Ability to target online activity in line with audience requirements.
- Possess highly effective organisation and time management skills and the ability to prioritise tasks and manage stakeholder expectations.
- Ability to build relationships with senior stakeholders.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office packages (or equivalent).
To send your CV please click on ‘apply for this position’ below and send through your details. We look forward to hearing from you.
VMA Group is the global recruitment and training specialist for corporate and marketing communications.
VMA Group is committed to equal opportunities and is a Diversity Pledged Recruiter.