Interim Senior Digital Manager
Date Added Thursday 8th February 2018
Salary £400 per day
Job Ref. KR913176
A travel and transport organisation is looking invest in a new hire for the management of online activities that drive positive activity for online sales, conversion, customer satisfaction and channel share growth. This includes websites, apps, digital, eCRM campaign. This will be in the form of a Senior Digital Manager 2 Month Contract Paying £400 per day. Reporting directly to the Head of Customer Marketing, you will be accountable for delivering a ‘best in class’ online experience across all four brands that drives channel shift, improves brand reputation and grows revenue.
- Through data driven research, analysis and insight, identify and implement strategic digital initiatives that improve conversion and grow online sales.
- Ensure digital activities complement and support wider marketing activity to enable channel shift and improve customer satisfaction.
- Create, develop and own the Digital and Social Media strategy that delivers online revenue growth, increased channel share, and improvements in key conversion metrics, including the forecasts and reports associated with this strategy and plan
- Provide insight led, strategic recommendations supported by data, to drive improvements in conversion or to assess the success of marketing campaigns or offers
- Take responsibility to deliver online the product roadmap and propositions, working closely with commercial and marketing stakeholders to understand their requirements, translating these into a best in class online experience
- Lead the strategic development, practical application, and ongoing tactical management of content (including copywriting and design) in all its many formats across the Business.
- Create the content strategy, which is driven by, and aligns with, the Marketing and Communications strategy. The content strategy defines how the right content gets to the right stakeholder at the right time via the right channels through strategic planning of content creation, delivery, and governance.
- In close cooperation with the rest of the Marketing team, support the creation and maintenance of the channel plan.
- Be continuously customer focused – looking to optimise and improve the online customer experience to maximise impact in terms of conversion, whilst ensuring high levels of customer satisfaction and reducing calls into call centres
- Deliver detailed reporting and analysis of online performance, providing periodic updates to business stakeholders including volumes, insight, plans and recommendations
- Ensure all communications and marketing materials produced across the Business for specific brands have a consistent ‘tone of voice’ and ‘look & feel’ and are aligned with the Marketing and Communications strategy and narrative.
- Define and oversee the management of a robust and best practice content lifecycle, establishing agreed standards, tools, systems and workflow processes to ensure content is managed in an efficient and effective manner.
Candidate skills and attributes:
- Track record of utilising quantitative and qualitative online user testing techniques
- Strong knowledge of front end web design and UI principles
- Knowledge of search marketing and its role in driving traffic, revenue and improved conversion
- Skill at long-form content creation, real-time (immediate) content creation and distribution strategies and tactics as well as digital content creation.
- Be able to translate data led insight into strategic recommendations that underpin the creation, development, and execution of robust online plans
- Project management skills to manage digital projects, editorial schedules and deadlines.
- A passion for new technology tools and the use of these tools either in work or in a personal setting such as blogs and social media outreach. Needs to be continually learning the latest platforms, technology tools and marketing solutions through partnerships.
- Familiarity with principles of marketing (and the ability to adapt or ignore them as dictated by data).
- Excellent negotiator and mediator.
- Be analytical and inquisitive by nature, with excellent attention to detail
- Basic technical understanding of HTML, XHTML, CSS, Java, web publishing, Flash, etc.
- Fluency in web analytics tools, social media marketing applications and leading social media monitoring platforms.
- Knowledge of Content Management systems and processes.
- A willingness to embrace change and to adapt strategies as required.
- Great powers of persuasion and presentation.
To qualify for the role you must have
- At least 7 years’ experience in a Digital Manager role, or similar.
- Educated to degree level, preferably in a marketing related discipline.
- Proven experience in online customer experience development and delivery, with a thorough understanding of consumer needs, drivers and issues.
- Experience within a multi-channel retail environment preferred.
To send your CV please click on ‘apply for this position’ below and send through your details. We look forward to hearing from you.
VMAGROUP is the global recruitment and training specialist for corporate and marketing communications.
VMAGROUP is committed to equal opportunities and is a Diversity Pledged Recruiter.