Interim Internal Comms Manager
Date Added Tuesday 1st August 2017
Salary Upto £40,000
Job Ref. KC0731
My client is looking for an Interim Internal Communications Manager on a 6 month fixed term contract. This role reports to the Director of Internal Communications and works alongside colleagues in PR and digital marketing communications. You will also work closely with business unit marketing and communications colleagues and provide communications advice to business unit colleagues as required.
You’ll create and deliver proactive, creative, appropriate internal communications campaigns which support the Group’s overall strategy and demonstrate a best practice approach.
There is a strong possibility of this role turning permanent based on the business’ needs.
- To lead and deliver internal communications campaigns and increase engagement
- Deliver and execute communications plans
- Organise and manage internal events
- Internal communications measurement
- Write, edit and proof copy to a high level for a variety of channels and audiences
- Manage our channels
- Responsible for our intranet channel, enhance intranet functionality
- Plan the rollout of Group strategy
- Advise key stakeholders on communications best practice
- Improve internal communications systems and processes
- Support CEO, SLT and regional / business unit communications
- Deliver internal communications activity to support events
- Support group M&A activity
- Day to day maintenance of the internal communications budget
- Mentor more junior members of the communications team.
Skills and experience
- Substantial experience in internal communications for a matrix organisation.
- A thorough understanding of internal communications best practice, engagement, and channels.
- Excellent writing skills
- The ability to assimilate complex information and turn this into easily-understandable copy.
- Events management experience for small and large scale events.
- Excellent stakeholder management.
- Highly organised.
- High energy with the drive and enthusiasm to make things happen.
To send your CV please click on ‘apply for this position’ below and send through your details. We look forward to hearing from you.
VMA Group is the global recruitment and training specialist for corporate and marketing communications.
VMA Group is committed to equal opportunities and is a Diversity Pledged Recruiter.