Head of Operations (Strategic Communications)
Date Added Thursday 7th September 2017
Job Ref. RvdB20277
Our client is an independent advisory body (team) providing consultancy on Strategic Communications issues to governmental (EU) institutions. This role is based in Brussels and requires frequent travel to the UK and other EU nation states.
The Advisory Team (AT) is responsible for delivering three distinct strands of activity, namely:
- A bespoke consultancy service (consultancy).
- Network events and activities (Network).
- A research and analysis programme (R&A).
The Head of Operations (HOO) will be responsible for ensuring the smooth, timely and quality delivery of the AT’s activities, namely the consultancy service, the Network Programme & Engagement and the Research & Analysis Programme.
The HOO will manage and support the AT team, consisting of the Consultancy Lead, Network Lead and Research & Analysis Lead. The HOO will be responsible for work planning, stakeholder engagement with project partners and reporting. The HOO will have responsibility for the sign-off of all AT outputs.
The ideal candidate
- Has 8+ years’ (private sector) experience with a proven track record in stakeholder management, project management and (strategic) communications.
- An EU citizen, fluent in English (written and spoken). Any other European language abilities would be a plus.
- Got the ability to work and succeed in a complex, multi-stakeholder, (semi-) governmental environment.
- Is a hands-on team leader and political & cultural sensitive.
The selected candidate will be offered a 1 year contract with the likeliness of extension.
To send your CV please click on ‘apply for this position’ below and send through your details. We look forward to hearing from you.
VMA Group is the global recruitment and training specialist for corporate and marketing communications.
VMA Group is committed to equal opportunities and is a Diversity Pledged Recruiter.