Head of Communications
Date Added Thursday 30th November 2017
Region Hong Kong
Job Ref. 912951LM
Our client is a global financial services firm that is looking for a Head of Communications for their Hong Kong office. This role will report directly to the Chief Marketing Officer and be based in Hong Kong.
- Develop the communications strategy (both external and internal) in support of the firm’s aims that helps develop the market profile and engagement of our client in key markets.
- Lead the Communications Team to provide editorial content and input for our websites, social media, newsletters, brochures, advertising and other marketing collateral.
- Manage the Communications Team to develop the firms messaging strategy across different media and platforms and ensure it is delivered in a consistent and impactful manner.
- Work closely with the CEO and CFO on corporate communications to ensure that strategic messages are appropriately communicated.
- Work closely with senior management and business units in the timely deployment of insights and commentary taking it from development to roll-out.
- Work with senior leadership on the development of speaking opportunities and presentation materials.
- Assist leadership with the development of internal communications for major internal meetings and events.
- Cultivate relationships with external stakeholders, including media, investors, government/regulatory bodies and industry professional bodies.
- Support talent management in the communications of the employee brand, providing communications advice and and support.
- Provide support and guidance to the Global CSR committee in raising the profile of the firm’s social responsibility efforts.
- Oversee the development of the firm’s social media strategy and efforts in conjunction with the Digital Marketing Manager.
- Manage external agencies and service providers on an ongoing and an ad- hoc basis.
- Handle external enquiries and crisis / incident in consultation with senior management and recommend best course of actions and corresponding messaging.
- Deliver communications through appropriate channels, providing ongoing reports, measurement and recommendations on improvements.
- Provide support to the firms change programme, Velocity, to ensure appropriate engagement at all levels.
- At least 10 years’ relevant experience preferably in the professional services industry (finance, accounting, law firms)
- Experience in journalism or public relations dealing with Global teams and issues
- Experience of developing strong media relationships
- Previous experience of crisis / issues management
- Experience in investor relations would be beneficial
- Experience in utilising digital channels to drive profile raising efforts
To send your CV please click on ‘apply for this position’ below and send through your details. We look forward to hearing from you.
VMAGROUP is the global recruitment and training specialist for corporate and marketing communications.
VMAGROUP is committed to equal opportunities and is a Diversity Pledged Recruiter.