Head of Corporate Affairs BeLux
Date Added Tuesday 6th March 2018
Job Ref. BVDW913256
Our client is a global service delivery company with offices worldwide. For their Belgian and European offices here in Brussels they are looking for a “Head of Corporate Affairs”.
The main mission of the Head of Corporate Affairs will be to shape the global communications strategy and implement that strategy in Netherlands and Belgium. The role leads on all corporate-related media communications in the Netherlands and Belgium, reporting on a daily basis to the global Director of Communications in HQ and working closely with the General Manager for Benelux.
- Develop all Media Relations in the Benelux level.
- Managing all external agency contacts.
- Advising the company on the communication implications of policy and operational decisions.
- Lead on all political and stakeholder engagement for the company, including with Government Ministers and officials, Parliamentarians, trade unions and employer and other business groups.
- Acting as a spokesperson for the company in senior meetings.
- 5-7 years of experience in a similar role.
- Proficiency in English, French and Dutch.
- An appetite for work.
- A strong understanding of the political context in Netherlands and Belgium and good pre-existing relationships with political stakeholders.
- An enthusiasm for up to the minute, difficult media issues. This includes a desire to pick up the phone to journalists and to form strong relationships with them. Business editors, political journalists and tech correspondents are all highly relevant.
- Excellent, thoughtful judgement.
- Experience in crisis communications.
- A proactive attitude and a desire to learn about and help make decisions right across the business, from commercial and operational decisions to HR policies.
- A genuine desire to help others in a collaborative way, in a fast-growing business.
- An excitement which comes from being at the cutting edge of new developments in the global economy and working for a market leader which is expanding at record pace.
- A good understanding of the complexity of policy and societal issues
To send your CV please click on ‘apply for this position’ below and send through your details. We look forward to hearing from you.
VMAGROUP is the global recruitment and training specialist for corporate and marketing communications. VMAGROUP is committed to equal opportunities and is a Diversity Pledged Recruiter.