EMEA Head of Communications
Date Added Thursday 4th January 2018
Region South East
Salary £80,000 - £100,000
Job Ref. MP913018
Reporting directly into the Vice President, Human Resources EMEA and with a dotted line to the EMEA President, this EMEA Head of Communications role is responsible for all internal and external communications for a highly established FMCG company. Internal communications will focus on partnering with the VP Human Resources to enhance employee understanding and engagement with business goals to drive growth. External communications will focus on protecting and enhancing the Company’s image across the region with media and key opinion leaders. The role holder is a member of the EMEA HR Leadership team and has one direct report. In addition, the role holder is expected to contribute widely to the Global Communications strategy.
Main responsibilities – Internal:
- Develop, deliver and lead the EMEA employee communications strategy
- Translate EMEA and Global business strategies into clear, consistent and engaging EMEA communication tools.
- Partner with the President EMEA to assist in developing and delivering engagement focused communication messages.
- Develop fit for purpose communication tools to reach whole employee audience utilizing technology wherever possible.
- Collaborate with and provide communication expertise/counsel to EMEA business and HR leaders on key business initiatives.
- Participate in change activities, leading all change communications in collaboration with HR and EMEA Senior Leaders to support implementation of strategic business initiatives.
- Contribute and influence the Global Employee Communications to align EMEA and Global strategies and messages.
- Lead EMEA recognition programmes and activities from definition to implementation and communication.
Main responsibilities – External:
- Develop and deliver the EMEA PR strategy with all types of media and key opinion leaders, managing the media handling process across the region to enhance Company image and protect Company and Brand reputation
- Advise EMEA leadership and EMEA Marketing teams on PR strategies and messages
- Closely collaborate with Corporate Communications and Investor Relations on global PR/External communications projects
- Promote key business initiatives (at corporate, EMEA & local levels) to deliver positive media coverage across the region.
- Enhance visibility locally, promoting community initiatives and building relationships with local key opinion leaders.
- Manage media and crisis communication processes and develop crisis/incident communication strategies through an integrated network of PR agencies to maximize opportunities and avoid/minimize financial risk and image impact.
- Serve as a key spokesperson in EMEA and prepare/advise local spokespersons in key markets
- Manage EMEA communications budget annually
In order to be considered for this role, you will have an established integrated communications background as well as an appreciation for working strategically as well as delivering tactical communications solutions.
If you would like to be considered, please apply with an up to date CV.
VMAGROUP is the global recruitment and training specialist for corporate and marketing communications. VMAGROUP is committed to equal opportunities and is a Diversity Pledged Recruiter.