Associate Communications Manager (Fixed Term Contract)
Date Added Thursday 11th January 2018
Region Hong Kong
Salary HKD $35,000
Job Ref. AA
Our client, a multinational medical devices, pharmaceutical and consumer packaged goods manufacturing company is now hiring an Associate Communications Manager (Fixed Term Contract) for its Innovation and R&D team, based in Hong Kong. This is a Global role with a focus on Asia Pacific and key regional countries, primarily Mainland China, Singapore, India, Japan, Korea, and Australia.
The successful candidate will:
- Support the organisation’s Global Innovation and R&D Communication & Public Affairs teams by coordinating the development and activation of a global Innovation narrative.
- Support the Asia Pacific R&D and Innovation Communication team in shaping and executing a comprehensive, integrated regional R&D and Innovation communication strategy for the business in Asia Pacific.
- Support the coordination of communications output and execution for its Asia Pacific Innovation Center, labs, facilities and Partnering Offices throughout the region.
- Support, as needed, Asia Pacific Medical Sciences, China R&D and Medical Affairs, and Japan Medical Organization teams.
- Support the development, implementation, and management of an integrated Global Communications narrative and activation plan for Innovation and drive their implementation through the Innovation Centers, JLABS, Partnering Offices and other regional offices.
- Develop and execute an Asia Pacific Communication and Public Affairs strategy, with a prioritized focus on Innovation and its affiliates. As needed, this will also include support for China R&D and Medical Affairs activities in China and the Japan Medical Organization in Tokyo as the key components of Asia Pacific Medical Sciences.
- Help drive the Innovation agenda across the enterprise by integrating the strategies, narratives and plans across a broad spectrum of innovation priorities including—
- Asia Pacific Innovation Center and labs in Shanghai, as well as other Innovation offices and partnering offices in Australia, Japan, Korea and Singapore.
- Innovation and R&D and Medical Affairs activities across the Company’s three sectors of pharmaceuticals, consumer, and medical devices.
- Global Public Health and Scientific Policy
- Help develop and activate a unified Asia Pacific agenda and narrative for enterprise innovation through key strategic events in the region.
- Build an innovation communication framework for use by non-Innovation and R&D functions in support of their business objectives
- Support the development and roll-out of a strong platform for senior global, regional and local innovation and R&D leaders with a particular focus on Mainland China, India, Japan, Korea, Singapore, and Australia.
- Work closely with commercial communicators in the relevant markets to create a unified strategy and with the global sector communications leads to ensure alignment across brands.
- Support the Asia Pacific Innovation and R&D Communications team with the following other externally focused activities.
- Development of key messages for use in media and investor relations and by media spokesperson and liaison with Investor Relations and Corporate Communications.
- Coordination, management and execution of external activities across Innovation and appropriate enterprises while effectively engaging with external stakeholders over the course of a project/collaboration, including sponsorships, deals, conferences, and other speaking and branding opportunities.
- Identification and development of strategies and messaging for, and management of related issues, including those related to business sectors areas and public policy, including liaising with legal, commercial, new business development, supply chain, Corporate Communication, Investor Relations, L&A partners.
- Any/all activities in support of visits by top global leaders, including the CEO, Chief Science Officer, Chief Medical Officer, Head of External Innovation, Head of Innovation
- Management of partner press releases announcing new business deals or milestones in the region, collaborating closely with Business Development, the APAC Innovation Center communications lead, Investor Relations and Corporate Media Relations to develop an integrated communication strategy related to these developments.
- Roll out executive-level influence-building campaigns – focused on key regional leaders and third parties – to build relationships and authority among key influencers and policy leaders across entrepreneur, government, venture capital, scientific, global health, public policy and academic communities.
- Launch of an integrated enterprise-level communications program that positions the organisation’s Innovation as a cornerstone of their overall innovation strategy and leverages regional successes to amplify global dialog and reputation on an ongoing basis. Identify key factors driving scientific and innovation reputation and perception among regional external scientific audiences.
- Support the Asia Pacific Innovation and R&D Communications team with internally-focused responsibilities:
- Promotion of employee knowledge and understanding of, and engagement with, the strategic vision of Innovation, showcasing and highlighting R&D and commercialization success, collaboration and talent across the enterprise.
- Development and execution of internal communication strategies for Innovation, and as needed, Asia Pacific Medical Sciences, particularly for China R&D and Medical Affairs and Japan Medical Organization, to engage employees and heighten their level of understanding and engagement in business priorities. Manage regular newsletter contributions, an intranet site, regular town halls, and various further internal initiatives.
- Maintain and foster effective working relationships with internal stakeholders and leaders and proactively provide strategic communications counsel.
- Create strategies and materials that convey the Asia Pacific innovation story to the Group.
- Manage the completion of select team administrative tasks related to finance and travel processes.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Business or a related discipline is preferred.
- Exceptional native written and oral English-language skills and strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to effectively interface with executives and staff is required.
- Ability to speak fluent written and oral language skills in Japanese, Mandarin, Korean and/or Hindi is preferred.
- Must have a strong track record of collaboration and strong personal leadership skills.
- Must be an entrepreneurial team player who can multitask. Experience managing multiple priorities in a fast-paced and matrix environment is required.
- Self-reliant and results oriented with strong judgment and creative problem solving skills.
- Experience in managing marketing or communications plans including internal or external engagements is preferred.
- Experience in crisis/issues management is preferred. Good working knowledge of news and social media as well as professional/ trade associations is preferred.
- This position requires travel within the region and should be co-located with Innovation and R&D Communications leader or Asia Pacific Innovation Center Communications Lead and the R&D Associate Communications Manager.
To send your CV please click on ‘apply for this position’ below and send through your details. We look forward to hearing from you.
VMAGROUP is the global recruitment and training specialist for corporate and marketing communications.
VMAGROUP is committed to equal opportunities and is a Diversity Pledged Recruiter.