HR Jobs: How to improve the commercial skills of HR Professionals
HR Jobs Market: Are Human Resources Professionals ‘Savvy’ Enough?
To gain a greater understanding of the challenges faced by our clients, we are constantly seeking not just feedback on the state of the market, sectors and recruitment budget (naturally – we are recruitment professionals!), but also the issues faced within each profession. Feedback from our HR clients show that there is a real desire to improve the commercial and business skills of HR Professionals – and this comes from the HR Professionals themselves!
There are organisations in which HR is so embedded in the business, they could talk a director of operations through the bottom line implications of an OD project affecting a division of thousands in a concise and accurate manner. The benefits of this are obvious, not least the buy in to that person from aforementioned operations director. This example, however, is not the case in many instances, so how do we strive to make it that way?
The VMA Group HR Advisory board is a group of multi-sector HR Directors who will be meeting to discuss this topic, and share our ideas and practices.
The areas of discussion include:
- Can companies instil these skills through internal resources and methods?
- Is there a cost effective way of outsourcing it to external agencies?
- Is the CIPD involved enough in answering the need
The highlights of these meetings will make up the content of future blog posts here by myself and the team, and if you want more detailed findings, please do not hesitate to contact me. In the mean time, if you have any ideas or experiences to share then all contributions will be gratefully received.
You might also like
- Moving from PR to recruitment – the first six months
- The Pulse 2017
- PROFILE: Stephanie Batot, Communications Lead, Group Diversity & Inclusion
- How might the Brexit vote affect hiring for permanent and Interim Management?